Encouraging your children to be healthy and happy can greatly improve their early years and establish habits that will help them for the rest of their lives. Here are some simple ideas about parenting.
- Check the weight of your child’s school bag on a regular basis to help ensure they are not overloading their growing spine and nervous system. An increased load on the spine can, over time, lead to spinal complications in the future.
- Reduce the impact of falls and other stresses, monitor for the development of scoliosis, and help them be as healthy and happy as they can be.
- Aim to develop healthy eating habits early in your child’s life and encourage them to try lots of different, healthy food. What they eat when they are young can greatly impact the food they choose for themselves as an adult.
- Encourage your children to play, be social and make their own fun. While television is a good ‘time filler’ it can be stressful on their brain development and encourage anti-social behaviour.
- Sports are fun ways for children to exercise, learn and socialise. Encourage your children to play sports that interest them, but avoid heavy contact sports or those that are particularly stressful on a child’s body.
For more information or to schedule an appointment: