Remember – with the new starts in your life, your life too will begin to change, here are some useful tips for giving your baby the best start in life.
- Always support your baby’s head and neck when you pick them up. Watch that their head doesn’t flop about as this can damage the joints and tissues of their spine and nervous system.
- Until babies can hold their own head up in a strong and coordinated way, it is best that they stay lying down and are transported in your arms or in a supportive sling, capsule or pram.
- Studies have shown that a secure bond with a parent in early childhood can help a child’s psychological and even intellectual development. Be affectionate with your baby, respond quickly to crying and show your child love and warmth.
- Sitting babies upright too early places considerable stress on their neck and lower spine. Backpack style carriers should only be used once your baby has considerably strong head and neck control.
- Remember that all children develop and grow in unique ways. While it is natural to be curious about how your baby compares to other babies, resist the urge to be competitive.
No spine is too young for a Chiropractic Consult – For more information or to schedule an appointment: