If your goal this Year of the Rooster is to give your health and fitness a kick, here are 10 top tips to turn your “fatness” into “fitness” through some easy exercise tips!
- Every exercise achievement every day is worth celebrating. Instead of making any excuses like you don’t have time, make exercise a part of your every day activities. When it’s time to pick something up squat down twice for it, take the stairs instead of the elevator, walk the last bus stop home. Remember – it’s not all or nothing, every little bit means something.
- Don’t be scared of weight – take your time, take it slow. When you Pick up something that is heavy it works to keep your bones healthy and asists with warding off unwanted fat.
- Change takes time – don’t expect to have a six pack next week (unless it’s a six pack of chicken nuggets!). Mastering one exercise with proper technique creates a sustainable habit
- Focus on gain – forget about loss, when you aim for an achievement. For example “i wan’t to lift 40kg” you give your brain a target and each step is a step closer.
- Don’t be scared to exercise – it’s your chance to unwind and shouldn’t be a punishment but a way to get you feeling great.
- Don’t forget to take care of your body – Warm-up & Cool-down – never jump straight into activity before warming up. Joints and soft tissue require sufficient warm-up to prevent injury.
- Sleep, and we cannot emphasise this one enough, no one sleeps enough – aim for more than 7 hours of sleep. That is the bare minimum required to repair and rebuilt the wear and tear on our bodies, even from minimal activity.
- Mobility – Foam rolling and nice deep slow stretch post-exercise and even on rest days. Sitting at work and home all the time helps your muscles to be lazy. Keep them moving and do it often – they will thank you for it.
- Track your exercise and nutrition – With so many apps available now, experiment with your favourite layout or usability. Monitoring your input and output is a visual motivator to keep you on track
- Be patient – Performance and fitness progress takes time. Trust yourself and stick to the plan.
Find a Chiropractor in Singapore
If you’re looking for more information regarding how you can make the steps forward to get fit today. Or if you are looking for Chiropractors in Singapore, Call into either of our clinics. Our wonderful staff will be more than happy to assist with your enquiries.